Thursday, October 4, 2012


The flight of the Butterfly Continues……


The voices, the questions, the comments, the faces – what I saw and heard at the first rehearsal for the 4 new casts of I Never Saw Another Butterfly assures me that The Butterfly Project will soar as preparations for our tour begin.

I am truly in awe of the young people who surround me (and by “young people” I include my co-director and the 2 adult actors). They came to the first rehearsal with an innate understanding of the importance of this project.  They are dedicated to bringing the voices of the children of Terezin back to life in this magnificent production of I Never Saw Another Butterfly.

I have often said that The Butterfly Project is educational theatre at its best. I told the young actors earlier this week that the theatrical world we are about to enter is a world based very closely on fact – very real and very difficult. What this beautiful play emphasizes is not the horror but the message of hope and survival. Who better to share this message than our children?

-Bobbi Wolf
Executive Director, Wolf PAC; Co-Director, The Butterfly Project

Join us each week  for updates from the cast of The Butterfly Project!



No comments:

Post a Comment